You can never start skiing early enough! But it's never too late either. Our team consists of many local ski and snowboard instructors who have been employees of Skiszene Altenberger many years and therefore know the ski area around the Asitz like the back of their hand.
Ski school director Gerhard Altenberger.
- Leogang's first ski school, over 60 years experience
- Professional team & latest findings in skiing
- Also international, foreign language ski instructors
- Booking and billing of the ski school possible via Hotel Krallerhof
- Children's ski courses from 2.5 years incl. lunchtime supervision
- Two ski children's countries (Asitz- & Steinbergbahn valley station)
- Wonder carpet, race track, ski carousel etc. for little skiers
- Children's ski school race with certificate and gift
- Childcare for non-skiers
- Ski & Snowboard courses for adults
- Private Lessons & Skiguiding
- Also lessons for alternative winter activities
- Weekly ski show "Hut jumping"
- Two ski school offices for information and registration
It's not a ski school, it's a legend. The first ski school in Leogang, founded by Sepp Altenberger Senior. The Skiszene Altenberger, where professional ski instructors have been teaching skiing and snowboarding for over 70 years. Always up to date. Innovative in its methods. And passionate about it. The Skiszene Altenberger is the epitome of professional lessons for children and adults in the Leogang ski area.
Ski school founder Sepp Altenberger Senior discovered his passion for skiing at a young age. Sepp Altenberger found a good additional income as a ski instructor and began training as a regional ski instructor and holding his first ski lessons in the winter of 1946. The next goal was the "state-certified ski instructor" who is entitled to run his own ski school after 3 years of practical experience. The practical part of the training took place in the Federal Sports School St. Christoph am Arlberg under Professor Stefan Kruckenhauser, who invented modern Austrian skiing techniques. This technique became particularly well known for its "weaving". Beginning of a legend.
The Skiszene Altenberger ski & snowboard school can now look back on over 70 years of professional skiing and snowboarding history. The ski school has already won the state championship title out of 114 Salzburg ski schools twice and has been among the top 5 ski schools for many decades.
Every Wednesday in winter - depending on the snow conditions - from 7.30 p.m. our ski instructors dare to make spectacular jumps onto the roof of the KrallerAlm. Be there - admission is free! Do you want to experience the action up close?! Then secure a VIP ticket - with a box seat in the middle of the KrallerAlm roof. These VIP tickets are available for € 25 per person (including drinks) in the ski school or at the reception of the Hotel Krallerhof. Or reserve by phone at: + 43-6583-8246-430 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Always have the latest equipment for your winter vacation. To turn a perfect destination into a varied winter vacation and a sensational ski vacation in Saalfelden Leogang. Your advantages through Sport Mitterer as a hotel guest:
- directly with us at the Hotel Krallerhof
- up-to-date equipment for skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing and sledding
- for adults and children
- if a parent of one child (born 2016 or younger) books ski equipment they receives it free of charge
- top brands in winter sports
- service on material and adjustment with the latest technology
- 10% savings on online reservations
We recommend booking your ski equipment in advance directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
or +43 6583 86 42. Reservation and billing is done exclusively via Sport Mitterer, directly with us at the Hotel Krallerhof, in the basement.