The Krallerhof – it grew from a farm into one of the finest wellness and spa hotels in Salzburg County, at which environmental considerations were never neglected. The Altenberger family puts great value on acting environmentally and socially friendly. We also place great emphasis on the long-term health effects of our goods and services offered at the Krallerhof. "Guests should feel the positive effects of a wellness and spa holiday at the Krallerhof for a long time after returning home", is our credo. The sustainable approach becomes clear not only in various examples, but also with the award of the "Sterne Awards 2013" on the subject of "Sustainability".
Alternative transport options and experienced environment
- (E-)biking at the Krallerhof with rental E-bikes and mountain bikes
- Free pick-up/transfer for guests from the railway stations Leogang and Saalfelden.
- Several times a day we offer guided walks, Nordic Kneippen (a combination of Nordic Walking and Kneipp treatments), Nordic Walking,...
Wellness & Health
Regeneration, sustainable Wellness, Spa & Health:
- And many more wellness and health services in the "Refugium"
Gastronomy– regional and seasonal
- Krallerhof-spring water – bacteriologically untainted and rich in minerals
- When selecting our raw materials, we pay attention to use regional Austrian products
- Local produce: Organic products from the region, herb garden, etc.
- Eggs from our own hens or free-range hens from Leogang farmers
- In-house bread bakery
Going easy on nature
- Investments in innovative technologies (e.g. heating, laundry...)
- Ecology-minded heating using our biological heating system with electric filter
- Optimising lighting in the hotel
- Thermal building refurbishment
- CO2 footprint
- Using exclusively non-nuclear electricity in the Krallerhof
- Fuels are sourced from neighbouring sawmills
More reports on our environmental approach can be found in the Krallerhof-Blog.